Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 15, 2016

So here I stand...naked. That's what it feels like anyway. Finally admitting that you have a problem with eating and weight is like someone stripping you naked and throwing you out of a moving van in the Wal-Mart parking lot. You're rolling, your rolls are rolling and there you are, naked among the pajama and tube top wearing customers of Wal-Mart. The funny thing is, while I'm sure even the people who love me the most know I'm losing this battle with weight, I really only found out I was fat last week. That's right, denial has a name and it's name is Mindy. I don't mentally suffer from being overweight. I don't, I promise. I'm confident. Oddly confident some would say. I'm 5'4 and weigh about 150lbs over what I should. Yep, that's 150lbs, unfortunately not a damn typo. In my head I'm 5'9" and look a lot like a supermodel. YAY for self confidence. That's not to say that I haven't had moments where people have tried to take their jabs. It has definitely happened. The funny part is that as my weight has gone up and down over the years, the jabs are usually worse when I'm just a little overweight. My personal favorite was when I only weighed about 20lbs more than my super slim sister and I was high as a kite dieting on Chinese herbs. I could see sounds and feel my hair grow. It. Was. Amazing! My sis and I were introduced to a man who said "Shew, looks like you always beat your sister to the grub plate." I feel like I can be honest and tell you that it was the one time in my life that I wanted to kick the shit out of an old man. I didn't, but the want was there. That was 20 years ago and still stings.
Cut to today. 150lbs. overweight, married to my second and last husband, even if Ryan Reynolds becomes available. He loves me no matter what. He says it and I believe it. My husband, not RR (he doesn't need to he's my side piece yet). Don't tell him. I'm a Mom of 2 young men that I adore. The problem is, my body and health are the white elephant in the room. Literally and figuratively, it's spring, so I'm pretty pale. It's time to take care of that with bariatric surgery and huge life changes.
I will not be ashamed of this. it will only hinder my progress. I will not let cruel words hurt me. I'm stronger than that. I will not let fear define me. I'm scared of nothing. This is my journey, this is OUR journey. Every friend, every overweight man or woman, my husband, my sons, my family. Here begins our Rocky Road.
Chocolate, marshmallows and giggles, Mindy

14 comments:

  1. I love you with my whole heart all the time no matter what, forever and ever Amen.
    Love,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This just might be the kick in the pants I need! Our numbers are identical and I'm damn tired of it! Thank you for laying it all out there and inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I get info I'll pass it along through here. Make sure you follow the blog! We all need kick in the pants every once in a while!

      Delete
  3. I know so many people who have had this surgery and I can tell you, it has changed their lives. It has given them back their lives. Whatever you decide to do, do it and don't look back. You have so many years ahead and I want them to be good ones for you. Love you and will be reading and keeping up with your progress. You are beautiful no matter what you decide, but you be happy...whatever it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy, I have and always will think you are beautiful! While there is not one person who can feel what you feel, remember you are not alone and there are plenty of people to be by your side or shouting from across the pond that you are beautifully made and made to be wonderful! Sending you well wishes and lots of prayers on the journey you are about to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Crystal!! Make sure you subscribe so you can keep cheering me on!!

      Delete
  5. You are simply AWESOME my friend ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying again, yesterday's didn't go through. First you are one of the most striking looking women I know with a wonderful personality. Trust me I get why you are doing this. I would love to. My weight is strongly effecting my health and my life in general.I feel as though I have missed so many things I wanted to do because of my weight. I wish I would have had the surgery long ago. I wish you all the best and love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying again, yesterday's didn't go through. First you are one of the most striking looking women I know with a wonderful personality. Trust me I get why you are doing this. I would love to. My weight is strongly effecting my health and my life in general.I feel as though I have missed so many things I wanted to do because of my weight. I wish I would have had the surgery long ago. I wish you all the best and love you girl.

    ReplyDelete